Passion for Life, Inc, is a 501C (3) non-profit organization; we are seeking a volunteer coordinator to work with a collaborative team to recruiting, retaining, organizing, growing, and maintaining volunteers to serve the endeavors of Passion for Life, Inc.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participation in a bi-weekly conference call
- Participation in Passion for Life, Inc. events, taking part in at least one Passion for Life, Inc. event of program activity per quarter.
Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours/ month depending needs
Busiest time period: work is consistent throughout the school year
Term limit: One-year commitment
You will be expected to participate in the following:
- Development: Assist with the recruiting, training and engagement of volunteers on an ongoing and as needed basis.
- Implementation: Coordinate with other committees and board members to stay abreast of the volunteers needed for the various endeavors of Passion for Life.
- Oversee all volunteer program activities, including recruitment, registration, training, engagement, management, retention, and data collection of volunteer services.
- Maintain volunteer calendar of events.
- Develop and maintain volunteer program policies and procedures in conjunction with the Operational Effectiveness Committee.
- Help Marketing Committee to create, update, and distribute all volunteer literature, recruitment needs, and collateral
- Assist Marketing with creating and implementing strategies to increase volunteer giving, service, advocacy, and retention
- Establish and maintain contacts and relationships with schools, community and corporate groups, City/County departments, community leaders, and representatives of outside agencies and the media for the purposes of filling needed volunteer positions.
Monitoring: Maintain regular reports and updates on all progress to all applicable committees, board members and stakeholders.
Skills and abilities needed to succeed as a member of the Event Coordination Committee:
- Prefer experience working with and coordinating volunteers for a non-profit organization (or equivalent) and demonstrated success in recruiting, retaining, organizing, growing, and maintaining volunteers to serve organization needs.
- Uphold integrity, positivity, diligence, and professionalism when interacting with all volunteers.
- Organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Well-spoken and articulate on the phone and in an event setting (small and large audience)
- Excellent time management
- Project management mindset
- Leadership capability and desire
- Demonstrates professional conduct at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a team. Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative.
This listing is a part-time job.