Passion for Life, Inc, is a 501C (3) non-profit organization; we are seeking human resource, compliance and operations professionals to serve on the Operational Effectiveness Committee. As an OE committee member, you will work with a collaborative team to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to create, maintain, manage and develop standards for compliance and operations for Passion for Life, Inc.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participation in a bi-weekly conference call
- Participation in Passion for Life, Inc. events, taking part in at least one Passion for Life, Inc. event of program activity per quarter.
- Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours/ month depending needs
- Busiest time period: work is consistent throughout the school year
Term limit: One-year commitment
You will be expected to participate in the following:
- Development: Assist with the development of operational plans and strategies ensuring compliance with best practices, with creation of and continual streamlining of processes and effectiveness.
- Implementation: Assist with the execution of operational policies by preparing developing plans, educating committees and volunteers, and organization stakeholders.
- Brainstorm solutions to complex business issues.
- Report on operational metrics and efficiency.
- Develop new best practices.
- Coordinate and execute on operational goals and targets.
- Track policies which need to be updated and revised and report to the committee.
- Identify new policies which need to be developed and report to the committee.
- Assure the policy and procedure manual is complete and all policies formatted in the approved manner.
- Periodically review and recommend changes.
- Monitoring: Testing organizational effectiveness of policies and procedures and providing data reports
Skills and abilities needed to succeed as a member of the Operations Committee
- Direct experience developing and implementing operations plans and best practices.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Change management, Human resources, and Operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a team. Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces; seen as a leader.
- Solid professional reputation.
- Passion to solve business problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Be continually aware of actions which could impact the reputation of the organization or the outcomes of the committee’s work.
This listing is a part-time job.