Passion for Life, Inc, is a 501C (3) non-profit organization; we are seeking event planning professionals to serve on the Event Coordination Committee. As an EC Committee member, you will work with a collaborative team to develop and implement events to drive fundraising, show appreciation, and generate brand awareness for Passion for Life, Inc.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participation in a bi-weekly conference call
- Participation in Passion for Life, Inc. events, taking part in at least one Passion for Life, Inc. event of program activity per quarter.
- Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours/ month depending needs
- Busiest time period: work is consistent throughout the school year
Term limit: One-year commitment
You will be expected to participate in the following:
- Development: Assist with the development, planning and sponsorships of events in coordination with the Fundraising and Marketing Committees plans and strategies
- Implementation: Assist with the execution of event plans by preparing schedules, enlisting volunteers, coordinating sponsors and donations, and working with other committees as needed.
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events, fundraising events and other activities.
- Including: Event logistics, securing event space, vendor contract negotiations, invitations, budget, in-kind donations, developing script, staffing for events, and post-event evaluation, etc.
- Oversees corporate sponsor fulfillment (forms, logos, tickets, attendees).
- Assists Fundraising and Marketing Committees in leveraging interactions with event volunteers, donors, sponsors, Board members, public officials, and stakeholders toward event goals.
- Coordinate with the Fundraising Committee on the concept, coordination and scheduling of events.
- Attend each event to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Maintain orgsnization calendar of events and promote events via community calendars.
- Ensure event details are posted on social media and maintain a steady presence leading up to each event with additional details and reminders, in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Send media alerts for all events.
- Monitoring: Maintain regular reports and updates on all events progress to all applicable committees, board members and stakeholders. Post event surveys to track effectiveness and viability.
Skills and abilities needed to succeed as a member of the Event Coordination Committee:
- Direct experience developing and executing event plans.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Marketing, Project Management, social engagement, social media, Digital Marketing, public relations
- Prior experience in nonprofit environment a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a team. Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces; seen as a leader.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (both internal and external).
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and high degree of personal initiative.
- Well-spoken and articulate on the phone and in an event setting (small and large audience)
This listing is a part-time job.